5 Ways To Jumpstart 2017
New year, new ____ (insert resolution). If you're anything like me, I want 2017 to be a year that I will be telling my kids about. A year filled with traveling to new places, achieving goals, and being more adventurous by trying new things. However, as quickly as the new year brings excitement for change, reality can sink in just as quick--change is hard and sh*t is expensive. Do you have a resolution for eating healthier? Traveling? Hitting the gym more often? If I have learned anything from dating a financial advisor it would be--successful resolutions take not only mental prep, but financial. So follow these 5 financial tips to jumpstart your 2017 resolutions and make it the best year yet both personally and financially!
1) Do some goal diggin' and define what is truly important to you in life.
2) Review your expenses for 2016 to see if what you spent your money on aligns with what you value.
3) Create a budget (I use the app, Mint, to help track budgets, bills, spending, and etc.).
4) "I wish I wouldn't have saved so much." -said no one ever. Automate your savings. Already doing so? Increase the percentage!
5) Schedule and put on the calendar a monthly hour meeting with yourself to do a quick financial check-in on spending, savings, and etc.
Wishing you all a year filled with happiness, good health, and doing more of the things you love!
Interested in more financial tips? Check out Lifewise, a finance blog for young professionals.